Celebrated every year on 17 March, sleep is fundamental to our health. It is the basis of our strength. When we lack sleep, we can feel vulnerable. This vulnerability can be mental, emotional or physical. Lack of sleep therefore has an impact in all areas of our lives: personal, family, social, professional, but also on our skin.
Who hasn't noticed how bad they look when they look at themselves the day after a short or bad night's sleep? Here are a few tips for getting a good night's sleep and staying in shape:
- Tea, coffee, caffeinated soft drinks... Avoid stimulating drinks after 4pm. They can delay sleep and cause you to wake up at night.
- Eat early and light to aid digestion. We recommend eating dinner 2 to 3 hours before going to bed. In this way, slow sugars, which help to secrete serotonin and melatonin, are favoured.
- Limit sources of stress before crawling under the duvet: prepare your belongings for the next day, practise sleep yoga, listen to a podcast or calm music, read, meditate... Here's a non-exhaustive list of things you can do before going to sleep.
- Keep the temperature in your bedroom between 16 and 18°C to ensure a good night's sleep. Air the room for a few minutes if necessary.
- Switch off your screens at least 30 minutes before going to sleep. The blue light emitted by screens distorts the brain by telling it that it is still daylight. It also generates free radicals, which are responsible for skin ageing and oxidation.
- Aromatherapy is also recommended to help you fall asleep. Lavender and chamomile essential oils are known to combat stress and insomnia.
- Turn off the lights and close the shutters, opting for darkness. Darkness is necessary for the secretion of melatonin - the sleep hormone. This puts your brain into night mode.
- Finally, sleep an average of 8 hours* a night to feel rested. This gives your skin time to regenerate and create collagen and elastin. Microcirculation is activated and your skin is better oxygenated. So you wake up with a fresh complexion.
- And of course you can opt for a treatment or massage at the Cristal Spa! Beforehand, access to the wellness area (heated swimming pool, sauna and hammam) will allow you to relax your body. A massage will relieve tension. You'll feel rested and relaxed. Perfect for getting fit and looking after your skin ;)