On 12 June, World Wellness Day will be celebrated. On this occasion, we looked at the importance of taking care of yourself as a woman.
Wife, mother, working woman - to name but a few roles - you are called upon daily to take care of those around you before - often - satisfying your own needs. This need to care for others can make you forget your own needs. However, in order to take care of others, you must first take care of yourself.
Here are 8 tips for pampering yourself:
1. Once a week, take care of your skin with a peeling and a mask
. The scrub consists of gently exfoliating the skin cells. It helps to restore smooth skin, tighten pores, eliminate blackheads and reduce wrinkles, scars, acne and brown spots. For this, we recommend the Alpeor Gentle Facial Scrub
. Exfoliating and smoothing, formulated without grain, it is perfect!
There are several types of masks. It is therefore advisable to choose one according to your skin's needs: Moisturising for plump skin, nourishing for dry skin for example. Recommended for all skin types, the Alpeor Purifying Rescue Mask
detoxifies the skin intensely. Once your skin has been cleansed by the peeling, the mask penetrates better. It is therefore important to follow the order recommended by the professionals: peel and then mask.
2. Dare to say "No". No is not negative. With an explanation it is much more positive than a yes, which brings constraints, obligations and creates a duality within you. Moreover, the art of saying 'no' leads to self-knowledge and self-esteem. It also shows that you are aware of the value of a commitment.
3. Depending on your availability, set aside time each day to do what you enjoy: a yoga session, listening to your favourite podcast, reading a chapter of the book you've been eyeing for a while...
4. Share time with your friends. A lunch break between two client meetings, an afterwork on the terrace, a sports session for two to motivate each other, a film at the cinema followed by a drink to debrief... They say that wealth is human! 😉
5. Surround yourself with people who accompany you in your life with kindness, respecting who you are. They allow you to express yourself without constraints, to listen to you with an attentive ear and to step back more easily to face your difficulties.
6. Oxygenate yourself with a walk on the shores of Lake Annecy, an outdoor swimming session, outdoor exercise... The WHO recommends a minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity per day. In the summer, the days are longer and the weather is milder, so it is pleasant to enjoy the outdoors.
7. Schedule a massage
at the Cristal Spa
. It is the ideal place to eliminate muscular tension, take care of your skin, your body and clear your head.
8. And don't forget humour, it frees you from many conflicts!
Becoming aware that we exist for ourselves contributes to our personal and professional development. It's about finding a balance that allows us to accomplish beautiful things for ourselves and for those around us. So, what's on tap for tonight?